English as a Second Language (ESL)
The ESL program is a specific part of South Carolina Adult Education that addresses the needs of adult English Language Learners (ELL). The goal of the adult ESL program is to help ELL to communicate in American English in order to assimilate into mainstream society.
The services offered through this program may include some (but not all of the following):
- English Language Acquisition (ELA)
- Pre-literacy skills
- US Naturalization/Citizenship preparation
- Civic participation
- Cultural literacy
- Career awareness
- Workforce preparation skills
- Career pathway identification and workforce training
- Test preparation for higher education entrance exams
If you are interested in enrolling in the ESL program, begin by filling out the online application for the 2022-2023 school year. Access the online payment site to pay for your class.
For further questions, please call 843-322-0781.