Criteria for Enrollment/General
- Students must be 17 years of age or older.
- Students must have officially withdrawn from their high school
- Students over 17 years of age but
under the age of 18 must have an age waiver/release form on file in our
office from the Principal of the high school. They must complete 17 year
old application and be approved by the board. Students may not enroll
during suspension or expulsion without the approval of the Beaufort
County Board of Education.
- For academic classes, if a student
has an IEP, the student can test but cannot begin classes until the IEP
team determines that Adult Education is the appropriate educational
setting for the student.
must complete testing and orientation prior to admission to classes.
Adult Education's Transition Specialist will meet with new students to
explain the program's expectations, answer questions and guide the
students through the enrollment process. For more information about the
services offered by our Transition Specialist, Willie Mae Lewis, please
click on the link found on the left side of this page or click here.
Criteria for Enrollment/Diploma Program
- Each student’s transcript must be evaluated.
- A determination will be made
regarding an estimated time frame for each student to obtain the
necessary credits to obtain their Diploma.
Criteria for Enrollment/ESOL Program
- Students must be 18 years of age or older. No special documents are needed.
- Students must complete testing and orientation before starting class.
Students who desire a copy of their
Adult Education transcript must put in a request by filling in a
transcript request form (see the link on the upper left of this page).
Bring the form to 1300 King Street in Beaufort or mail to: BCSD Adult Education, PO Drawer 309, Beaufort SC 29901.